Los hijos de la Malinche and Carlos Slim winners of the National Communications Prize

Lezama Premio Pagés Llergo

Los hijos de la Malinche, a Mexico City youth project directed by Emilio Lezama (24 years) and Hector Tajonar (26) has been awarded the prestigious National Communications Prize for the Los hijos de la Malinche webpage www.loshijosdelamalinche.com. The ceremony which took place in southern Mexico City Wednesday evening was attended by several of Mexico’s most important political figures. Amongst the attendees were Mexico City major candidates Beatriz Paredes and Miguel Ángel Mancera who interacted with cordiality and even friendliness despite being rivals in the upcoming elections. The ceremony was hosted by Beatriz Pagés and Tabasco Governor Andres Granier. During her speech Pagés declared the urgency to find peace and democracy in a country that is now troubled with violence, it is for that reason, Pagés continued, that this year the National Communications Prize winners were chosen also for their work in helping bring peace and democracy to the country.

Los hijos de la Malinche was awarded the prize in the webpage category. Los hijos de la Malinche is a youth web project based in Mexico that through art, politics and culture is trying to positively affect Mexican Society. Los hijos de la Malinche media group currently owns two online magazine, www.loshijosdelamalinche.com in Spanish and www.objectionmagazine.com in English with more than 60 collaborators, nearly all of them young Mexican artists and thinkers. Alongside Los hijos de la Malinche, businessman Carlos Slim was awarded the prize for his investment in culture and communications. In his speech Carlos Slim stated the urgent need to invest in the country, he underlined that it is only through investing that Mexico’s economy can continue to grow and that Mexico should take the example of Asia if it wants to be economically competitive. The Mexican businessman stated that Mexican economy can grow at a 6% yearly rate but it needs around 250 million dollars in investment, 10% of which would be foreign and the other 90% national.

Los hijos de la Malinche co-founder and CEO Emilio Lezama received the prestigious award from Beatriz Pagés. Accompanying him in the ceremony were Alberto Rubalcava, Esteban Tovar and José Sánchez Cetina all of which are part of Los hijos de la Malinche media group. The award confirms Los hijos de la Malinche as one of the most innovative and transcendental media projects in the country  and one of the very few youth projects that have been awarded this prestigious prize.

Collaborator: 
 

Loading


Most Viewed

1
Fotografia
2
Música
3
Imagen
4
Politica

Marcos Eymar
Nació en Madrid en 1979. Es licenciado en “Filología Hispánica” y en “Teoría de la literatura y literatura comparada” por la Universidad...
Literatura
Sebastian Aguirre
Sebastian Aguirre Noriega Estudiante en la FCPyS de la UNAM. Colaborador en Artícle 19, una ONG dedicada a la libertad de expresión,...
Cine
Miguel Tapia Alcaraz
Nació en Culiacán, México, en 1972. Publicó su libro de cuentos titulado Señor de Señores y Los Caimanes en la editorial Almadía en 2010....
Literatura
Super Duper Chris
Super Duper Chris: Native son of Brooklyn. This young rapper mixes a fresh sound with a hint of nostalgia for old school rap. SDC is...
Music
Mariana Martínez Salgado
Estudió letras hispanicas en la UAG. Es editora de revistas independientes y colaboradora en diferentes medios culturales impresos....
Literatura
Adam Nelson
I started taking an interest in photography at the young age of 10, taking my Polaroid cam and snapping everything that I found interesting...
Photography
Irene Escorihuela
Me llamo Irene y vivo en Barcelona, España. Tengo 22 años y estoy terminando Ciencias Políticas y también estudiando Derecho, después de...
Política
Carlos Alfonso Pérez
Cursé la licenciatura en Relaciones Internacionales en El Colegio de México al tiempo que hice estudios en lengua y literatura en la...
Opinión
Ahim Horvath-Kisromay
Student of violin at the Mozarteum University in Salzburg under Professor Lukas Hagen, Ahim Horvath-Kisromay is one of the most promising...
Música
Presencias
En esta sección se presentarán los afortunados hallazgos de Los Hijos de la Malinche en las diversas manifestaciones de la creación humana...
.
Jimmy Cohen
Interesado en el la música, el cine de ficción, documental, experimental, en la dirección y fotografía, en tocar música, en relaciones...
Cine
Twist
Productor Musical, Ingeniero en Audio y Cantautor multi-instrumentista. Un fanático del rock'n'roll y amante de la música. Su más reciente...
Música

Relacionados