Azerbaijan said on Wednesday that at least 21 of its civilians were killed and another 70 injured in Armenia’s missile attack in Burda district.
According to local media, the country’s attorney general said the missile attack took place in a densely populated area where business facilities are located. However, Armenian Defense Ministry spokesman Shushan Stepian denied claims that his country attacked Burda.
The Armenian news agency Armenpress reported that the Azerbaijani army bombed the town of Stefancart and Shushi in the Nagorno-Karabakh region on Wednesday, claiming many civilian victims.
Earlier on Tuesday, US Secretary of State Mike Pompeii appealed to the leaders of Azerbaijan and Armenia to pursue the ceasefire in relation to the Nagorno-Karbach region, but it has no impact.
According to the US mediation, the two countries reached an agreement on the humanitarian ceasefire on Monday. Shortly thereafter, violations of this agreement were also reported.