The global drag reduction agent market is estimated to reach USD 2.24 Billion in 2027 from USD 930.4 Million in 2019, delivering a CAGR of 10.2% through the forecast period. The study segments the global DRA market based on product type, product, application, and end-use. The research takes a closer look at prominent driving factors responsible for this 10.2% CAGR. The study also analyses the market share of each region, company, and product. The report also presents constraints, opportunities, threats, challenges, and Investment opportunities prevailing in the market.
Drag-reducing agents are additives in any pipelines or conduits that reduce frictional pressure loss during flow of fluid. They are most commonly used in petroleum pipelines for increasing the pipeline capacity by reducing turbulence and allowing the oil to flow more efficiently, therefore, allowing the oil to be pumped through at lower pressures, saving energy and money.
Baker Hughes, Partow Ideh Pars., LiquidPower Specialty Products Inc., Oil Flux Americas, NuGenTec, Innospec, Lubrizol Specialty Products Inc., Sino Oil King Shine Chemical, Flowchem, National Petroleum Corporation, and The Zoranoc Oilfield Chemical are dominating players in the market and are the companies considered for this report.
To Get Sample Copy of Report visit @ https://www.reportsanddata.com/sample-enquiry-form/2112
The surge in oil & gas exploration activities, the growth of chemical industries and agricultural activities across the globe will be the market’s primary driving factors. Drag reduction agents are primarily used for reducing frictional pressure loss during fluid flow in any conduit or pipeline. Recently, there has been detailed research done on the development of drag-reducing agents for the treatment of tumor cells and reducing the drag of blood through arteries and veins, which is expected to boost the market further.
DRA market is that it largely depends on other industries like oil & gas fracturing, which is its primary restraining factor. This implies that as the oil & gas industry fluctuates so will the DRA market. Since numerous corporations are shifting towards environmental-friendly practices, the oil & gas industry is predicted to fall, therefore hampering this market.
For this report, Reports and Data have segmented the Drag Reduction Agent market based on ingredient, product type, application, end-use, and region:
Product Type (Revenue USD Million; Volume in Tons, 2016-2026)
- High Viscosity Glue
- Low Viscosity Glue
- Rubber Latex
Application Outlook (Revenue USD Million; Volume in Tons, 2016-2026)
- Crude Oil
- Blood Treatment
- Chemical Transportation
- Other Application
Regional Outlook (Revenue USD Million; Volume in Tons, 2016-2026)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Middle East & Africa
- Latin America
Browse Full Report @ https://www.reportsanddata.com/report-detail/drag-reducing-agent-market
Further key findings from the report suggest
- Currently, the market is estimated at USD 930.4 million and is predicted to grow at a CAGR of 10.2%, forecasting global valuation at 2.04 Billion USD in 2026.
- The major driving forces are the growth in oil & gas expeditions, chemical refinement, and agricultural activities. All these activities involve the passing of some sort of fluid through a tube which is where DRA’s come into play. It reduces the friction inside the pipe, allowing efficient flow of fluid through these tubes.
- The primary purpose and advantage of DRA’s are it lowers pipeline frictional pressure loss by reducing the turbulence in the flow. It also alleviates constraints in a pipeline, overall allowing the flow rate across the pipeline to be increased. Accelerating flow rate allows the operator to save pumping energy as the pressure required to maintain the flow is reduced, thereby drastically reducing energy management costs.
- DRA’s are extremely easy to install as it is injected directly into pipeline products, using injection pumps and tanks and hence doesn’t require significant capital expenditures. It reduces friction, thus having a property of reducing heat. Pipelines that use DRA’s have been shown to have lower heat transfer properties, lowering heat transference to the surrounding pipelines. Thus using DRA’s make oil fields safer. Since it has a low-cost, high benefit ratio, most players in the field tend to install them.
- DRA’s are mostly used in the petroleum market due to the number of pipelines that are used in the industry. After petroleum, it is mainly used in the chemical transportation market.
- Different liquids require different strengths of DRA’s. The heavier the liquid, the stronger the DRA needs to be. The most transported liquid in the petroleum industry is heavy crude oil and requires high viscosity glue making it the most popular DRA product…Continued
Table of Content:
Chapter 1. Market Synopsis
1.1. Market Definition
1.2. Research Scope & Premise
1.4. Market Estimation Technique
Chapter 2. Executive Summary
2.1. Summary Snapshot, 2018 – 2026
Chapter 3. Indicative Metrics
3.1. Investment in R&D for use of DRA in medicine
3.2. Product launches
3.3. Emergence of new entrants in the market
3.4. Mergers of major oil giants
Chapter 4. Drag Resistant Agents Segmentation & Impact Analysis
4.1. Drag Resistant Agents Segmentation Analysis
4.2. Drag Resistant Agents Market Value Chain Analysis, 2016-2026
4.3. Regulatory framework
4.4. Drag Resistant Agents Market Impact Analysis
4.4.1. Market driver analysis
220.127.116.11. Rise in oil & gas exploration activities
18.104.22.168. Rise in agricultural activities
22.214.171.124. Growth of chemical industries
4.4.2. Market restraint analysis
126.96.36.199. Rise in awareness of eco-friendly activities
188.8.131.52. Dependence on other industries
4.5. Key opportunities prioritized
4.6. Drag Resistant Agents Pricing Analysis
4.7. Industry analysis – Porter’s
4.8. Drag Resistant Agents PESTEL Analysis
Request customization of the report @ https://www.reportsanddata.com/request-customization-form/2112
Thank you for reading our report. To receive further information on the report or to enquire about its customization, please get in touch with us and get your report tailored according to your needs.
Browse More Reports-
Reports and Data is a market research and consulting company that provides syndicated research reports, customized research reports, and consulting services. Our solutions purely focus on your purpose to locate, target and analyze consumer behavior shifts across demographics, across industries and help client’s make a smarter business decision. We offer market intelligence studies ensuring relevant and fact-based research across a multiple industries including Healthcare, Technology, Chemicals, Power and Energy. We consistently update our research offerings to ensure our clients are aware about the latest trends existent in the market.
Head of Business Development
40 Wall St. 28th floor New York City
NY 10005 United States
Direct Line: +1-212-710-1370